EWS Educational Trust (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is EWS Educational Trust of c/o UNW LLP, Citygate, St. James’ Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://www.ewseducationaltrust.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, submit an application or raise a query regarding an application for a grant or funding or sponsorship from us and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description etc..
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
We may also use analytics tools provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) or other similar providers. Analytics tools serve cookies through our website and collects aggregated data on an anonymized basis about users and visitors’ use of the website. The data collected enables us to understand aggregated user or visitor activity and how we may improve our website or charitable offering. This data is collected and used on an anonymized, aggregated basis only and does not enable any user or visitor to be personally identified.
In addition, we may also use marketing automation tools. These companies serve cookies to profile users or visitors’ interests and activity. We may use data collected through these cookies to serve users or visitors with information, new articles and advertising tailored to their specific needs and requirements.
You have the right to refuse or disable cookies served through our website although, if you choose to do so, certain functionality may become unavailable to you. As the means by which you may do this vary from browser to browser, we recommend that you visit your browser’s help menu for further information.
We respect your right to choose whether or not to accept cookies.
Please note that if you do not set your browser and e-mail settings to disable cookies, you will be indicating your consent to receive them.
If you wish to find out more about cookies and clear gifs, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org, an independent third party resource that explains what cookies and clear gifs are and how you may manage them. Please note that we are not responsible for, and have no control over, the content of this third party website.
Save as described below, the information provided by you to us and our professional advisors in any application form is used solely for the purposes of administering the Trust. Save as described below, we do not pass any information about you to a third party for any purposes other than administering the Trust. Save as described below, we do not pass your details to any third party not directly involved in the administration of the Trust.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our charitable purposes,
• for the purposes of considering, administering and making grants and sponsorships;
• to provide you with information regarding the above;
• to notify you about changes to our web site and our charitable services;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for our charitable services;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.